These cookie bars are truly magical. Anytime I make these they are usually gone before the day is over. They are so yummy and so easy to make.
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 ½ cups of shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Get a 9×13 pan and put the butter in the pan. Place the pan in the oven. While the oven is heating up the butter will melt. Once the butter is completely melted, take it out of the oven.
- Put the crushed graham crackers in the pan. Mix it up a little bit so the butter can get over the graham crackers. Then evenly spread the graham crackers over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crushed graham crackers. Use a spoon if you need to even it out a bit.
- Sprinkle the coconut evenly over the sweetened condensed milk. I don’t usually measure out the coconut (or chocolate chips). If you want a bit more than 1 ½ cups, it won’t make that big of a difference.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the coconut. If you wish you can also add chopped walnuts or pecans (or more chocolate).
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-22 minutes (until the edge is golden brown). Don’t be worried if it looks a little gooey, as long as the edge is golden, it is perfect.
These are really good when it is warm and gooey. Enjoy!